Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sermon Reflection::Matthew 18:21-35

On Sunday Pastor David taught out of Matthew 18:21-35 - the parable of the unforgiving servant. Listen Online.
The parable taught us how unimaginable our debt of sin is to the Lord and how it is absolutely impossible for us to repay it back. Read Matt 18:21-35.

Through this text I was convicted of some past events that still affect me today and that I may still be carrying. I was reminded of the enormous debt of sin that is impossible to pay off and that I deserve to be in jail for the wages that I cannot earn or repay back to the King. But in His grace and mercy He has released me of that debt through Christ, as did the king to the servant in the first part of the parable. What also convicted me in my life was the second part of the parable and how the forgiven servant treated his fellow servant and his debt, and how the fellow servant pled for patience and the forgiven servant didn’t show the same mercy as the king had shown him. This really hit home when I thought about the people that have hurt me or angered me and how I still have this bitterness towards them even though it’s been a long while. Through Christ I’ve been relieved of this enormous debt and in light of this truth I should be forgiving of others. Pastor David said, “Forgiven people are forgiving people.”

With this message my response is to pray and plead with the Lord to give me a forgiving heart, to reconcile relationships that should be reconciled, and to release me from any bitterness or anger that I may still have.

--Steven Nguyen - C3 Student

No comments:

Post a Comment