Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sermon Reflection::Exodus 14

This week, Justin Turner brought the Word to us from Exodus, introducing the Advent season and reminding us of God's great redemptive power.
(Listen Online)

"You are stronger, you are stronger! sin is broken, you have saved me. It is written, Christ is RISEN, Jesus you are Lord of all."

Thank you God for your faithfulness in the small things like school and photography assignments; to the big things like being our propitiation and taking God's wrath for sinners upon yourself. You are good and I love you. I forget your miracles quickly and I am not faithful or obedient. Just like Israel was not faithful. We fear things more than you and we don't trust you like you deserve. Thank you Lord for sanctification, for continually changing my heart to be more like you. Thank you for your Spirit who is waging war with the sin in my flesh. Thank you for taking the penalty of my sin so that I am not enslaved to it any longer. Your yoke is easy and your burden is light and you are my God and I am your child.

--Amanda Singer - C3 member

No comments:

Post a Comment