Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sermon Reflection::Matthew 24:14

At C3, we are a church that is about the Word. We stay true to the Scriptures and fight for each person to have a clear understanding of God’s redemptive plan. We are about Family and Community and creating Relationships that become unbreakable bonds. You can ask anyone, from our Elders down to Brady, Lily or Drew – “What is your purpose?”, and the answer [in one form or another] is – “To Bring Glory To God”. These things are all Great things that give me confidence about our body and the direction God has set before us.

In my opinion, David laid into one of the heaviest texts in the Bible last Sunday (listen online). God Demands for us to proclaim the Gospel of the Kingdom of Christ to ALL Nations. Sometimes I think we forget this truth in the light of our beliefs in election and predestination. It becomes relatively easy to dismiss evangelism if you justify it with: God has already written that person’s fate. However, we are charged to proclaim the Gospel; to endure hate and hardship for the name of Christ (Mark 13:13); to declare throughout the Earth as a Testimony [as Proof, as Evidence, as a Witness] to every Nation.

If you were to ask me how I spend a regular day, [what things consume my time], I would probably answer: Life. On a day to day basis, a large portion of my time is consumed with work…pursuing the top of the corporate ladder. This is not “Life”. 1 John 2:15-17 hit it home for me. The desires of the flesh are not of the Father and will pass away. We have to be in the world because that is where/how we declare the Kingdom. However, our purpose should be to live for Him! My daily fight [because it is a fight] is to remember what is important, put away my fleshly desires, and do the will of God. I, a sinner saved by Grace, need to be constantly on my guard, waiting patiently and doing the work [Proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom throughout the Whole World] that GOD CHARGES TO US.

--C3 Member - Wade Boggs

Check out our C3forChrist.org website and learn more about our families, Community, beliefs and joys as we embrace all our callings in Biblical faith together.

No comments:

Post a Comment