Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sermon Reflection::Luke10:25-37

Pastor David Ferguson preached on Luke 10:25-37 (listen online).

The importance of the message is found in the context of the narrative. In it the question is raised: who is our neighbor? In this text the lawyer’s question to Jesus is not far from our own lips. Who is our neighbor? In addition, a deeper question we might seek to gain from the answer is: who is not our neighbor? To me this is such a normal and relatable question. Who should I be investing in? Who should I not be? Who should I be loving? Who do I have permission not to? Who should I be pouring myself out to, and who shouldn’t I? The truth presented in this text is one which wrecks me. Jesus’ response to the lawyer is one which calls us to take our judgment off of those we try to assess and place our judgment rather on ourselves. Our question to God as to who is our neighbor, is sovereignly overturned with His question and calling to us which screams WHO are you? Is our affection, heart, mind, motive, and method anchored in Him or a legalistic morality of dos and don'ts? That is the question.

The method is the messenger. As the messengers, may we reflect the glory and likeness of the First Messenger… Jesus Christ our Lord.

--C3 Member - Austin Lambert


Check out our C3forChrist.org website and learn more about our families, Community, beliefs and joys as we embrace all our callings in Biblical faith together.

No comments:

Post a Comment