Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sermon Reflection::2Cor 5:14-17

Praise God for a new beginning, a new identity and a new way of life in His Son Jesus Christ. This past Sunday Justin focused on that through the passage 2 Cor. 5:14-17.  

A new beginning- we are a new creation because we are in Christ. Christ died and rose again to bring death to our old selves and death to lives that were bound to hell. In His resurrection, we get to truly experience a new beginning by having a new life in hope.  
A new identity- because we are in Christ we are a new creation therefore we have a new identity. We were once enemies of God, but now we are children of God through Christ.  
A new way of life- Christ died so we can live for Him. May the love that was displayed on the cross control our lifestyles and the way we love our brothers and sisters in Christ. To love Christ is to love His people.  

I am so thankful that God used Justin in bringing a message that I needed to hear. This past season has been a hard one for me in the fact that I couldn't be joyful in my circumstances. I wanted to live a self-glorying lifestyle, a lifestyle that was all about me and my wants, my needs and my desires. But praise God it's not about me and it's all about His Son and the love that was displayed on the cross.  

My prayer for myself and this church body this year is not to pursue ourselves but to love Christ and His people. May our desires die daily and may we fully live in Him as if it's our last year to live.  


--Mary Calderilla::God is love - C3 Member

No comments:

Post a Comment